Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Michael & other IDOLS perform @ Union Square in Chicago
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Michael Johns Online Forum Index : 2012 Appearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  

maja.k

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael and other Idols were on Fox Chicago News today.

You can watch a video at this link:

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/entertainment/american_idol/american-idol-concert-free-union-station-iraheta-lewis-rogers-benami-giraud-johns-urban-20120113

Thanks to Courtney for the fabulous banner!

OregonMJFan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Maja! Very Happy Too bad Michael was at the end and didn't say much, but it was a cute video.

Have fun tonight Kristen, Dee, Jen and everyone else going!

Sedz
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only imagine how many times he was 'going to' butt in during that interview Smile

Very nice restraint MJ Smile

cakelulu
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Maja!!! Fab little interview Smile)
Poor Dee couldn't go tonight!!!! She said she was still in a ton of pain and couldn't go Sad Poor Dee!!!! I hope MJ comes back soon for another public event!!!

Jen and Kristen were were awesome with tweets and twitpics for us! Thanks soooo much!!
Some person named Tim posted on our blog and said he was at soundcheck at the station and it was going to be awesome...I was thinking Tim Urban but I don't think so haha

Sedz
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenn was waiting for someone named Tim on her travels to the gig Jane...think it was someone who was going to meet up with her and Kristen on the way Smile

Kristen8108

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The show was SO much fun. In my humble opinion I think Michael stole the show with his high energy rock covers of Dream On, We Will Rock You, and All Right Now. I'm not the only one that made that comment. He really pumped up the crowd.

I liked the way the show was setup. Each Idol got to do at least one solo performance and then they would duet or group performance with someone on lead vocals and the others backing them. The sound and acoustics in Union Station's Great Hall were fantastic.

I had a great spot in the middle of the 2nd row right benind Jen. It was a pretty large crowd. It wasn't 2,000 people but definitely a couple hundred. There were a lot of teenage girls there. There was a whole pack of them on the side of the stage that reminded me of the "swaybots" in thr pit in front of the stage during Idol show tapings. There were 3 that ended up next to me that wanted every Idol performer to touch their hand so they kept it extended towards the stage the entire show. That was pretty annoying for Jen in front of them. They also sang REALLY loud and were talking through a lot of the show so you might hear them in my videos.

After the show the Idols signed autographs and took pics on a red carpet area to the side of the stage for about 30 minutes. It was pretty chaotic and reminded me of trying to meet the Idols at the buses after the show. I finally found an area that wasn't 3-4 people deep. I got a chance to talk to Michael briefly while he was signing a stack of photos. He definitely remembered me. Smile I told him everyone from MJO says hello and sends their love and can't wait for the next album. He went back to the crowd but I managed to get a hug and a pic once the crowd got a little lighter.

I typed that all on my phone so sorry if there are typos. It's hard to proofread.

Here's my video for All Right Now. They closed the show with this. It was awesome! It's an iPhone video. The other videos I took are on my camera and will upload later today from my friend's laptop. Enjoy!
http://t.co/a1ZuXIN7

Grey Skies

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the recap and video, Kristen! I'm glad you had such a good time.

Kristen8108

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Dream On video
http://t.co/gzI2nXU9

cakelulu
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for your great recap Kristen!! Sounds awesome and so much fun!!! I just saw your vids and WOW!!!! MJ really rocked Dream On!!!! Makes me want to scream along w the fans Smile) He is awesome and I can't thank you enough..glad you had a great time and super that MJ remembers you too!! I was sure he would!
I just saw the vids on my phone..I loved All Right Now as well!!! He is a rock star!!!! Smile
I will update the blog tmrw night..up to my ears in cake haha!! Xo

maja.k

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kristen, thank you for your recap and videos. Michael sounded great! Smile

Is it okay to put your pics of MJ in our Photo Gallery? I saw them on twitter. Please let me know.

Thanks to Courtney for the fabulous banner!

Kristen8108

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my We Will Rock You video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KFESjQbNMc

Sure, go ahead and post whatever pics you want in the gallery. I have a lot on my camera that I'm going to upload to Flickr today. They're better than my cell phone pics. I'll post a link once they're up.

cakelulu
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those vids were squeeee-worthy!! Thanks so much!!!

OregonMJFan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Kristen! Michael is amazing! Love the videos! Of course, he would remember you even if it's been a couple years. Very Happy Glad you had a great time.

bear

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the videos Kristen!!!! Michael looked and sounded FANTASTIC as always!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

LOVED Dream On!!! MJ always rocks that song!!! Shocked

So glad Kristen and Jen got to go!!! Dee darling, I hope you're feeling better honey!!!! That darn ice...next time for sure!!!! Smile *hugs*

So happy for you all!!! And as always....LOVE our guy!!!!! Very Happy Wink

Judes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much Kristen for the fabulous videos. Its like deja vu from a few years ago. He does these songs so well.MJ definitely was in great voice.
So glad you & Jenn had a great time & I am so sorry Dee wasn't able to go -what bad timing. Hope everything heals quickly. Very Happy

Thanks to Courtney for this banner!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Michael Johns Online Forum Index : 2012 Appearances All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: