An Outpouring of Love for Michael Johns

Date August 5, 2014

Michael

We at MJO, are stunned and devastated at MJ’s passing on August 1, 2014.

Our thoughts of peace and comfort go out to Stacey and family, his many friends, fans and all the people who loved and cherished him.

It’s so hard to convey a thousand emotions in a few simple words.

We will miss you dear Michael. It has been a privilege and an honor to help promote you and life isn’t going to be the same without you. You filled the room with your presence and your spectacular voice and your amazing generosity towards everyone. You touched all of our hearts in a very special way.
You are, and will always be our favourite.
We love you. xoxo

40 Responses to “An Outpouring of Love for Michael Johns”

1. Jennine said at August 5th, 2014, 1:04 am: ()

Words cannot express all of the emotions I am feeling at the moment. I am shocked and heartbroken. It was a true honor to know this kind man. Michael was the best thing to come out of American Idol! To THIS DAY, no other contestant has come close to Michael’s “X-Factor” qualities in an entertainer. You will be sorely missed to say the least.
    I have met so many wonderful people because of you.

My heartfelt condolences go out to Stacey, Sam and to the entire family. May God give you the strength to move forward.

2. Amy said at August 5th, 2014, 1:09 am: ()

I’m still in shock this doesn’t seem real!!!! Thoughts and prayers go out to MJ’s family and friends.

3. Melanie said at August 5th, 2014, 1:31 am: ()

It still doesn’t seem real to me at all. I just can’t believe he is gone. I was pretty much done with Idol after discovering Michael Johns. I knew nobody else would ever come close to him. He was not only extremely talented, but such a beautiful person both inside and out. When I think about all of the pain and suffering his parents and Stacey must be going through right now I just want to break down all over again.

4. Dee said at August 5th, 2014, 1:42 am: ()

The outpouring of love for Michael across the internet truly goes to show just how many lives he touched, not only with his music, but with his warm personality and endless generosity.
    There really are no words to convey my feeling of sadness and heartbreak at this time. Michael will be missed, for sure.
    Michael’s family, friends and fans are all in my thoughts and prayers, and my heart goes out to them.

5. Chey Cabañes said at August 5th, 2014, 1:51 am: ()

There aren’t enough words to express the grief I feel. I couldn’t listen to any of his music without hurting so much. I still couldn’t quite wrap my mind around the heartbreaking news. It still feels like a sick joke. It grieves me to know that Michael Johns is gone because not only was he a wonderful musician, but even more, he seemed a genuinely good man, much beloved. How unfair that someone so young and with his whole promising life ahead of him could be gone so soon. He will be very well remembered and so sorely missed. His music will keep him alive in all our hearts.

My deepest sympathies are with his family, friends and fellow fans. Love & Light!

6. zevdcav said at August 5th, 2014, 2:01 am: ()

i am a fan. i followed AI because of MJ… i am extremely sad about this sad news. prayers for you idol.

7. Barb said at August 5th, 2014, 2:06 am: ()

I, too, cannot come up with the words to describe all the emotions I’ve been feeling. Michael touched more people than he was ever aware of and he will always be remembered not only for his enormous talent, but for his love of life, his contagious smile, and his humor.
    My heart goes out to Stacy and Michael’s entire family and friends. May they find strength and comfort at this very difficult time.
    Rest in Peace, Michael.

8. Jo Sedz said at August 5th, 2014, 4:14 am: ()

My deepest respect and love to Mike’s family and friends. Nothing is going to fill the void for any of us but especially not for them.

Please be mindful that his close circle deserve their privacy and time to grieve in peace.

Now his voice will truly be heard Across the Universe.

Catch ya later Bruce X

9. Tara said at August 5th, 2014, 6:45 am: ()

Prayers for peace and comfort for Stacey, Michael’s parents, siblings, family and friends. We fans are such a loyal bunch..he brought so many of us together from across the world..we all had a common interest..Michael’s beautiful music…it’s sad and shocking to think we will never hear his amazing voice again. There just aren’t enough words to express our loss of him in this world..rest easy MJ..you are greatly missed.

10. Laurie said at August 5th, 2014, 6:52 am: ()

My heart goes out to Michael’s wife, parents, family and friends. This is still a shock and can’t believe he is gone. We have Michael’s music so he will always live on in our hearts. I remember when we first started MJO and I have met so many nice people because of it.

11. Maja said at August 5th, 2014, 7:46 am: ()

It’s hard to believe Michael is gone. I’m so sad. Michael left his mark and will be always remembered throught his music and for his generosity and kindness. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

12. Jude said at August 5th, 2014, 8:12 am: ()

First & foremost I can’t help thinking about Michaels Mum & Stacey & the rest of his family. My prayers go out to them . Such a shock . It was wonderful to be able to come to MJO & discuss Michaels music & just how funny & caring he was. I was very proud of my fellow Aussie. Such a talent who has gone far too soon.

13. Kristen said at August 5th, 2014, 8:58 am: ()

I’m still in disbelief and so saddened that we will never hear Michael’s beautiful, soulful voice again. He was one of the warmest, funniest, and talented people I’ve ever met. It’s not fair that his life was cut short when he had so much more to give to this world. He had a way of engaging with fans to make them feel so special. I want to send my sincerest condolences to Michael’s family and friends. Michael’s legacy will live on through his amazing music and memories of all who knew him.

14. Kathy said at August 5th, 2014, 9:06 am: ()

I was fortunate enough to have seen Michael twice and I was hoping to see many more times! Such a beautiful man with a heavenly voice! I got to meet him once and he was so sweet! Miss you like crazy

15. Jan said at August 5th, 2014, 10:15 am: ()

I’m Shocked and I Can’t believe it still. I will never believe he is gone. I will listen to his music every day just as If he was still here, the only thing is there won’t be any New Music but he will live on in my Heart. He is such a sweet man the kindest you’ll ever meet.My prayers go out to his Family and hope with each passing day it will get a little bit easier but till then listen to his Beautiful Voice and it will put a smile on your faces.

16. Ivana said at August 5th, 2014, 10:59 am: ()

The Heavens have acquired a truly Angelic voice. Michael, your music will live on in our hearts and our souls (and our radios). 😉
    My heartfelt condolences go out to Michael’s family and friends and all the fans across the world. We are MANY!

17. Bridget said at August 5th, 2014, 12:10 pm: ()

I am stunned. Michael had such an amazing voice. I’ll never forget meeting him on the Idol tour, SUPER nice guy and very down to earth. R. I. P. Michael <3

Bridget

18. Stephanie said at August 5th, 2014, 1:17 pm: ()

I am still in shock over the heartbreaking news. Michael’s passing has robbed this world of a great talent, a beautiful man, and a kind soul. RIP Michael. My prayers and thoughts are with Michael’s family, friends, and fans who all suffer from this devastating loss.

19. Phyllis said at August 5th, 2014, 1:43 pm: ()

So shocked and sad to hear of Michael’s passing. I was a member of this site early on. I tried to go back and read my early postings but I forgot my password and can’t get in to the forum. He was such a handsome talented kind funny guy. My deepest condolences to Stacey and his family.

20. Kelley said at August 5th, 2014, 2:06 pm: ()

I often go to YouTube and watch Michael’s videos… Wishing and hoping to get to see such an awesome talent and just my favorite idol. I’m so heartbroken that I’ll never get to see him. I’m disappointed that the world didn’t recognize his talent and love him like we did. I’m honored to be among those that loved him and his work. But I can’t imagine what his family and friends are going through. My heart goes out to you at this time of unimaginable loss. Thank you for sharing him with us. RIP We love you and will miss you.

21. Marie Wilson said at August 5th, 2014, 2:49 pm: ()

I was so saddened by this news — a tragic loss, particularly since his doctors should have suggested ultrasound. I met Michael on the Idol tour and saw him again with David Foster & Friends. He was a remarkable talent and a very dear person. My heartfelt sympathy to his family.

22. Sharon said at August 5th, 2014, 3:12 pm: ()

My heart goes out to Stacey, his parents and all of Michael’s family and friends. I am so blessed to have been able to meet Michael and hear him sing so many times. He had an amazing voice and a big heart. His sense of humor and kindness were limitless. I am grateful for all the memories and the friends I made because of him. The music he left behind is a great gift. I am sad that there will be no new music. We have lost a great talent and a great man. Love you, Michael!

23. GalGor said at August 5th, 2014, 4:26 pm: ()

What a Loss ! So sadden.. How could it be that such a great person, handsome , great talent , smart, kind, full of life, healthy , young…left us so sadden. I can’t get it.
    A lot of questions for a doctor in ER..How he didn’t see any problem ?
    We lost you, Michael , but you left us your voice. Rest In Paradise, darling.

24. GalGor said at August 5th, 2014, 4:34 pm: ()

SPECIAL GREAT THANKS FOR Michael Johns Online TEAM FOR THIS SITE , FOR SUPPORT OUR HOT ADMIRATION – MICHAEL JOHNS.

25. A long time fan said at August 5th, 2014, 4:54 pm: ()

I had the privilege of meeting Michael during the Idol tour in 2008 and he was by far the nicest man I’ve ever been blessed enough to meet and soon thereafter, call a friend. I will forever hold that moment and his sincerely impressed reading of my sign close to my heart along with his final very silly but precious spoken words to me “Why thank you, Madame!” Sing with the angels, Crikey Mikey!

26. Tessa said at August 5th, 2014, 6:32 pm: ()

I am heartbroken. It hurts to know I’ll never get the chance to see Michael perform in person again. What a loss of a genuinely kind, charming, humorous and intelligent person. I look into the kind of person he is, rational and positive, and it brings some comfort. May his loved ones and dedicated fans find comfort in the memories. I’m thankful for the music that will allow us to keep a part of him with us. Heartfelt hugs to all at MJO.

27. Brett Braysher said at August 5th, 2014, 6:43 pm: ()

On behalf of everyone in Australia and all my family in Adelaide we thank everyone for your well wishes and thoughts. Mike was my cousin and friend and I know he appreciated you all so much, his fans. As most of you are aware he would do anything for his fans, and he was like that with family. As much as I am his direct family, you are his family too, you have been with him and supported him through his journey, for that we are thankful. Regards Brett

28. Jane Site Admin said at August 5th, 2014, 6:52 pm: ()

On behalf of MJO, thank you so much Brett and family. Our hearts are broken for you all and we are just devastated.
    Michael was one in a million…he was so kind to all the fans answering messages, showing kindness, posing for 10 photos with one fan because they didn’t turn out right…he was just that kind of a guy.
    . Please visit us often as we are not going anywhere.
    If you need to contact us for any reason, please send to mjohnsonline@gmail.com.
    We will miss his wonderful self and all our love and comfort to you and your family.

29. Allison Monarch said at August 5th, 2014, 7:26 pm: ()

I am still in shock about Michael’s death. I am praying for comfort for Stacey and his family… especially his mother… She has lost her son. It just so sad.

30. Helen/absabella said at August 5th, 2014, 8:04 pm: ()

As I sit here i can’t comprehend this yet. I guess i’m in denial. When Michael first graced my T.V on AI i was in awe of his voice. I knew that was the man i wanted to help promote his music. He had that “X factor” about him, that soulful voice and to me already had Star presence. Meeting Michael was even more of a gift..he was a humble down to earth man who lit up the room with his presence and humor. He never thought he was superior to anyone and would talk to you like he knew you forever. He always made me feel comfortable and cracked me up with his personality/wit. I am extremely sad that he is no longer with us. He was living his dream and was just getting started. The entertainment industry has lost one of the best! I will continue to speak his name and promote his music, keep his memory alive! My thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends and fans. May God give you comfort to get through this difficult time. RIP Michael, Sing loud and proud up in Heaven xoxo

31. Diana said at August 5th, 2014, 8:06 pm: ()

I am shocked and saddened. I have and will continue to pray for his wife, family and friends.

32. Erika said at August 5th, 2014, 9:13 pm: ()

People say I am usually good with words. With Michael’s unexpected and sad passing, I am rather speechless. I wish I could just imprint my heart and my emotions into this post. Just like so many of us, I loved Michael from the start, cheering him on while on Idol and voting like crazy. I always believed in him, loved his voice, his music and his heart. With his heart, MJ loved us, his fans, and embraced the happiness and excitement we brought to him. Our backstage Idol tour meetings filled with smiles and laughter, different events he performed at, catching him on David Foster specials, Looping “Another Christmas” every holiday season that has since become a tradition for me, and being the common thread connecting an amazing group of women I can now call my friends are things I will forever be thankful to Michael for. That his music can touch my soul is a gift. I think about Stacey and MJ’s family and close friends and want to crumble. Michael’s life was too short, but his legacy will live on through his music, and his MJO girls. I hope my Mom’s up there comforting him, and showing him where to go to find the harps and trumpets and angels singing. Rest in Peace, Michael. I love you.

33. Lori said at August 5th, 2014, 10:39 pm: ()

I am still in shock over Michael’s sudden passing. I am praying for Stacey and his family at what has to be one of the hardest times of their lives. I was blessed to have been able to meet him a few times and was touched by his music. Through him I will have life long friends and the great memories we have from all our gatherings.

34. Kunen said at August 6th, 2014, 12:11 am: ()

I was avoiding to read or commenting on any article, news or anything that confirming his passing. For the longest time I was still on denial and was hoping all of these just hoax or nightmare, but no! He is gone for real. I don’t know how to say it in words, I am not a writer and English not really my first language. But I think God really love Michael, so He took him sooner from this world to be with Him in heaven. To have Mike’s beautiful voice up there with him. I just hope that God gives strength to Stacy, his parents and family to continue with their life with beautiful memories that Michael Johns leave them.

Michael, if you read this, keep singing dude, you have the best voice I ever know. You will always be my favorite singer of all time. Oh also, now who would look young forever :).. You dude.. Beautiful soul, face and voice. Have fun up there..
    Xoxo
    Nancy

35. Pamela said at August 6th, 2014, 12:29 am: ()

I can still remember the first time that I really took notice of Michael on “American Idol.” If only I’d known then all the ways that Michael and his music (and MJO, too) would change my world for the better. How fortunate we are to have had such a wonderful person in our lives.

This is such a terrible loss, especially for Stacey and for Michael’s family and friends. I can only hope that their many good memories will provide them with some solace. And all of us, as well.

36. Kerrie said at August 6th, 2014, 7:40 am: ()

I was a member of this site earlier. I was stunned and saddened by the news. My heart goes out to Stacey, Mike’s family and friends (including many fans here who got to know him).
    The ankle injury sounded just like broken ankle I had years ago – lots of pain, swelling and bruising – but not life-threatening. It’s all so unbelievable.
    I’m praying for those close to him – such a loss.
    RIP Michael

37. Lynn said at August 6th, 2014, 6:36 pm: ()

A man with enormous talent and enormous heart and soul gone way too soon. What more can I say. May Stacey and the rest of his friends and family find strength to get through this difficult time. He brought joy and light to everyone he met. Rest in peace Michael.

38. IntellektuElli said at August 10th, 2014, 5:00 am: ()

I still can’t believe this, so sad. 🙁 My condolences to Michael’s wife, family and friends and to all of you here. He’s now part of the unfortunate group of extremely talented Australians passed away too early.

39. Judes said at August 12th, 2014, 7:26 pm: ()

Yes unfortunately you are right Elli about talented Aussies gone too soon. ACDC front man & of course Michael Hutchence & Heath Ledger to name a few. Michael’s name can now be added to that list-gone but never forgotten.

40. Danielle said at August 14th, 2014, 5:49 pm: ()

It hasn’t even been 2 weeks that Michael is gone and I feel like it’s been forever. I was a fan instantly after seeing him on Idol. When he was voted off I wrote an email of disgust to my local radio station here in NY and it was read by both the morning and afternoon DJs. That’s how shocked everyone was.

I saw Michael on the Idols tour (wearing my Australia t-shirt) and he was the best part of the show along with David Cook. I was fortunate to see him again in NYC with David Foster (wearing the same shirt) and was so locked in when he was on stage singing. His voice was so beautiful and his performance so smooth.

I wish I could say I saw him perform live more. I wish I could say I met him. He was part of a radio station concert 10 minutes from my house the year after Idol. I had already booked a trip across the country. I was so upset. I read he was fantastic (as I expected) and did a signing for fans. I thought I would have plenty of chances to see him again.

It was both heartwarming and heartbreaking to see how much Michael touched people’s lives as the responses came in about his passing. I wish more people knew how talented and special he was. I’m thankful to this site for keeping me up to date on what Michael was up to. I wish he had come back to New York more. I just wish we all had more time to enjoy him as a performer and as a person.