Michael Johns on KTLA performing To Love Somebody

Date February 6, 2009

Michael performed on LA’S KTLA Morning Show ”To Love Somebody” Bee Gees Classic, re-done and going to be on his upcoming album!! Michael your voice is perfect for this song! Amazing!!! Jeff Foxworth accompanies Michael on Guitar.. Fabulous Job Guys!!

Michael Johns on KTLA performing To Love Somebody
(A big thank you to Maja for uploading this video)

• Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • E-mail this story to a friend!
  • MySpace
  • NewsVine
  • Technorati
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Twitter
  • Tumblr

52 Responses to “Michael Johns on KTLA performing To Love Somebody”

1. Pamela/Grey Skies said at February 6th, 2009, 3:32 pm: ()

Wow! Michael, that was an awesome performance! I absolutely loved it.

(And you look smokin’ hot, by the way.)

2. TinaWV said at February 6th, 2009, 3:36 pm: ()

Michael:
    Sounded perfect. Great song for you…

Love that smile and love to see all that curly hair!! Total package. ;-)

…GREAT JOB, MICHAEL!!!!!!!

3. cakelulu said at February 6th, 2009, 3:37 pm: ()

O. M. G.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Michael..this was pure magic…I love, love it!!!!!! That has always been a fave song of mine…I remember when it was released and your interpretation was absolutely outstanding!!!!
    I saw you this morning on the live stream but it was over far too fast!!!!!

I just want to say Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! Fabulous, wonderful, awesome and THANK-YOU MICHAEL!!!!!!!!! That song suited your voice perfectly!!

4. Tara said at February 6th, 2009, 3:50 pm: ()

Perfect song for you Michael. What a great performance! Loved you and Jeff playing guitar too. You are awesome. Can you do that every Monday through Friday?????? Thanks! lol

5. sdpgrl said at February 6th, 2009, 3:51 pm: ()

So the new album will be Otis Redding meets Joe Cocker with a splash of Van Morrison………all my favorites……… wrapped in a Michael Johns body and voice.
    Michael, you are killing me! LOVED your performance of “To Love Somebody”!
    xoxoxo

6. muggle/diane said at February 6th, 2009, 3:52 pm: ()

Thanks Maja!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Michael and Jeff great job!!! Michael you sounded great as always. Love your version of that song. You look well rested!! Have fun at the Grammy’s! whoohoooooo

7. Allison / Java said at February 6th, 2009, 3:58 pm: ()

I love this!!! Thank you for uploading for us, Maja and thank you Helen for posting on the blog!

8. Helen/absabella said at February 6th, 2009, 4:03 pm: ()

Michael LOVE IT!! Perfect song for your voice, gives me chills! I can’t wait for the full CD!! I want to scream lol..so happy.. Jeff great job as well..

9. Maja said at February 6th, 2009, 4:05 pm: ()

I love this song and Michael singing it is a perfection.

10. judes said at February 6th, 2009, 4:09 pm: ()

Always loved the Bee Gees [ well they are also from Australia & moved to the US] but I really loved you performing this . You looked great as well!

11. Janine said at February 6th, 2009, 4:18 pm: ()

OMG!!! that was amazing!!!!!!! i love it sooooo much!!! im so ready for his album!!!!! cant wait!! and ahhhhhhhh a bee gees cover song!!! yay!!!! i wonder if they let him record its all wrong for his album. coz thats pretty much his already. lol.and i wish they didnt cut him singing. whats up with that? i hope a full version will be available soon!!!

and im totally watching the grammys this sunday. will be on the lookout for mj!!! yay!! im sooo happy!! these are the kinds of events i wanna see him in. more exposure wooooo hoooo..

anyways, amazing job michael!! were proud of you!! and jeff too. thank you. what a great team! :)

12. Jessica said at February 6th, 2009, 4:19 pm: ()

MJ I knew you’d be amazing!! You too Jeff!
    Fantasic job guys!!

13. INXSed said at February 6th, 2009, 4:34 pm: ()

Don’t mean to be repetitive – but that song suited Michael’s voice to perfection! He looked and sounded great. Thank you so much for posting this video. I was out and about all day and was wondering what song he would be singing and how it went.

14. Morgan said at February 6th, 2009, 4:40 pm: ()

Michael sounded amazing!! Perfect song!! Thanks for uploading Maja! Ahhh the Bee Gees.. awesome! I can’t wait for the album!!!

15. kbr said at February 6th, 2009, 4:53 pm: ()

Such a great performance Michael and Jeff! Congrats on the Sony Distribution deal for your album…I can’t wait to hear the rest of it!

16. nora said at February 6th, 2009, 5:20 pm: ()

I just cried. That was beautiful what a wonderful piece of work this is!

Congratulations Michael, on everything.

17. Zsus said at February 6th, 2009, 5:21 pm: ()

Hurry!! Release the album because I want to buy this song. TODAY.

Great job, MJ. Hey! Did you and Jeff switch guitars? Tricksters!

18. lori said at February 6th, 2009, 5:36 pm: ()

Michael that was great!

19. heart2 said at February 6th, 2009, 5:46 pm: ()

Good Lordie boy..You are gonna be picking up your own Grammy next year!! Out of this world great performance..The Tears are running down my face..I am just so Proud of You Michael.You are what we need and want!! Yes Michael it was pure…Perfection!!!

20. Tessa said at February 6th, 2009, 5:49 pm: ()

Great job, Michael! The song just fits right! Wish they hadn’t cut the song so abruptly. We’re all eagerly waiting for your album.

21. lynmac said at February 6th, 2009, 6:13 pm: ()

Melting, melting. Give me more, more, more. Love these teasers MJ. I’m gonna be so ready for this record.

22. betty brown said at February 6th, 2009, 6:28 pm: ()

This really was the right song for your voice Michael. I like your hair this way. I hope you don’t cut it short again…You look and sound great. I wish I could have heard the whole song. I’m waiting for your album. Good to see Jeff there with you. The more I learn about you Jeff the more I like you. I hope you do well too.

23. Kathy/Sassy said at February 6th, 2009, 6:32 pm: ()

Okay, I must admit, this was never a favorite song of mine…but the way YOU sing it Michael? Oh.My.Gawd.

*swoon*

24. oh_my_papa said at February 6th, 2009, 6:34 pm: ()

I’m a Michael Johns junkie…..and I ain’t sad. Beautiful Job Michael this was the perfect song for you ( you looked Hot darling) . And Jeff baby Ooo la la!!

25. Titina said at February 6th, 2009, 6:59 pm: ()

That was great!
    THank you. He looked good by the way. Finally he shaved Yay!

Anyways, will his album be mostly covers? Bummer. I was hoping for original material. I do hope he gets some radio play. He is gonna need it.
    I just don’t understand is a distribution deal only or a licensing deal? I hope he gets good promo so he can sell well.

26. judes said at February 6th, 2009, 7:11 pm: ()

I believe Titania that the song he was going to perform was an original off the album.Don’t worry I am sure there will be plenty of originals on there. MJ is a great writer. Look at Life is Okay & Another Christmas- great songs – both either MJ’s or a collaboration with others!!

27. judes said at February 6th, 2009, 7:20 pm: ()

Sorry — Titina– I can’t read properly!! Anyway – can’t wait for the album . It’ll be so good!!

28. Vernae said at February 6th, 2009, 7:24 pm: ()

Maja….

29. Carla/Bear said at February 6th, 2009, 7:41 pm: ()

Michael,

I loved your performance!!! I’ve always loved that song, but the way you sang it just put the icing on the cake for me!!!! No other version could ever compare!!! You’ll always be my fave!!!

I can’t wait for your CD!!!

Thanks for the video Maja Baby!!! What would we do without you?!?!?

30. aleli said at February 6th, 2009, 7:46 pm: ()

I looove the soulful rendition of a BeeGees’ song Michael! I am not a BeeGess fan at all, but with this cover, gotta love “TO LOVE SOMEBODY” now! Thank you, Michael!

31. Suzie said at February 6th, 2009, 8:05 pm: ()

Wonderful performance Michael. I can’t wait to hear the whole song.
    Your voice is pefection. Have fun at the Grammys!!!

32. nini said at February 6th, 2009, 8:36 pm: ()

What is it, that I like his voice so much? I can hear his voice over and over.

This is the type off song I like the most for MJ.

33. Titina said at February 6th, 2009, 8:44 pm: ()

Thanks, judes. You are so sweet.

34. pdlove/Mum on Lock Down said at February 6th, 2009, 8:44 pm: ()

WOW!!!!!!! Cute as a button, the two of you. Michael, you continue to amaze me with your unique and special twist to the “classics”. All of us are SOOOOOOO looking forward to this new cd and if this rendition of a Bee Gees classic is any indication we are all in for a REAL big treat!! KILL ME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

35. Mikesbiggestfan said at February 6th, 2009, 9:55 pm: ()

My heart is melting *sigh*. Love him.

36. mjbestevertotalpkg said at February 6th, 2009, 11:29 pm: ()

*”Baby, you don’t know what it’s like, to love somebody the way I love you!”* Your voice is amazing, you are amazing! You better get used to that red carpet at the Grammys, Mr Michael Johns, I have a feeling we’ll be seeing you there a lot from now on!!!

37. susanna said at February 7th, 2009, 2:45 am: ()

Hot!!!! Way too short, though. I wanted to hear more. *whine* But yeah, that’s such a gorgeousss song when someone with an awesome voice sings it!! And Michael’s voice is my favorite so, score!!! I can’t wait for his album!!!!!!

38. Donna/mamala said at February 7th, 2009, 8:02 am: ()

Fantastic!! This song, as everyone has already said, lol, is perfect for you. And like Susanna, I wanted to hear more!! Hopefully KTLA will put up a video and it will be the whole song!!

39. WeesyB said at February 7th, 2009, 10:25 am: ()

Oh My Gosh!!!!!
    I Love the Bee Gees, But I Love Michael singing that song even more…”C~H~I~L~L~S” I Wanted to hear the whole song!!! Michael Johns is Still The Awesome Aussie! “sigh” :)

40. Littletenderness said at February 7th, 2009, 12:58 pm: ()

Just BEAUOOOOOOOOOOOTIFUL!!!!!!! Michael…….sigh!

41. fu-fu said at February 7th, 2009, 1:46 pm: ()

Michael–you look great and sound great! I love that song, wish I could have heard more!

42. cowgirl in the sand said at February 7th, 2009, 4:14 pm: ()

What a voice! I am convinced this man could sing the alphabet and sound great. I would love to hear him sing the song he tried out in for AI in San Diego: I’ve Been Loving You Too Long. OrTry a Little Tenderness or a Marvin Gaye tune. His CD has been too long a coming…

43. Dawn said at February 7th, 2009, 6:02 pm: ()

OMG! Love it!!! Can’t wait to hear his whole CD!

44. Goldhilites said at February 8th, 2009, 4:31 pm: ()

That song was written for Otis Redding, but he died before the Bee Gees got it to him. Barry Gibb has never had enough oomph in his voice to sing it the way it was originally intended. Michael has

45. Bee (In Singapore on holidays) said at February 8th, 2009, 7:27 pm: ()

^^^^^^ I did not know that Goldhilites so thanks for that info and to Maja for uploading this.

Michael, that was just fantastic! I could not wait to get to a computer to see and hear what you sang on the show. That was a treat. And you look so good.

46. Megan said at February 9th, 2009, 3:38 am: ()

As another member posted, “I love this song and Michael singing it is a perfection.”
    DITTO!!! Michael, thank you SO much for doing this Bee Gees song, it literally gave me chills…your voice is so suited for TLS…can’t WAIT for the CD!!!
    I LOVED what you said about your new CD, that it’ll be Otis Redding meets Joe Cocker with a splash of Van Morrison ~ PERFECT ~ and all this, wrapped up in your beautiful voice….is the CD out yet?! LOL!! Thanks for the video Maja!!

47. Megan said at February 9th, 2009, 3:43 am: ()

I just have to add, I totally agree with cowgirl ~ I would LOVE to hear Michael sing the song, he tried out in for AI in San Diego: I’ve Been Loving You Too Long ~ now if that’s on the CD, I’ll be in *seventh* heaven….lol! MJO is the best ~ thanks for making my day!!!

48. Joseph said at February 9th, 2009, 11:40 am: ()

AWESOME as always Michael, cant wait for your album too come out!!!

49. lotusbean said at February 10th, 2009, 1:36 am: ()

Simply AWESOME!

50. GalGor said at February 12th, 2009, 3:45 pm: ()

DEAR MICHAEL !
    I NEVER EVER TIRED TO LISTEN TO YOU.. DOESN’T MATTER YOU’RE SINGING.. EVERITHING IS TOUCHING MY HEART.. CAN’T WAIT YOUR ALBUM…

51. Cristina said at February 13th, 2009, 8:57 pm: ()

Gahh I haven’t been on MJO in forever! MJ, you sound as good as ever! hurry up with that album:)

52. GalGor said at March 21st, 2009, 2:54 pm: ()

Last two weeks I was listening a lot of versions of this BeeGees world known classic . I can tell you, Michael , your version soooooo good, so tender, elegant ..
    Without some extra sound decor you made this melody just gorgeous….Pass my
    Hello to Jeff. He’s great misician.