More videos of Michael in DC

Date September 21, 2008

“This is some backyard stuff right here, kids.” – Michael Johns 9-20-08

Michael being introduced and then the generator going out. Credit: SassyK

WWRY – WATC – credit: dawn6284

Gimme Some Lovin’ – credit: deej

15 Responses to “More videos of Michael in DC”

1. betty brown said at September 21st, 2008, 1:10 pm: ()

Backyard stuff yes. I heard what Michael said when they played the American Idol song. He looked like he wanted to be someplase else. What can I say. Great singer, great guy, very poor band, very poor sound system, very poor backup singers. What a mess. Michael deserves better.

2. cakelulu said at September 21st, 2008, 1:23 pm: ()

Oh Woweeeeee…Michael you are great!!!!!!! And thank-you sooo much to Kathy, DJ and Dawn for the super vids!!! I am just able to look now due to power failure in my part of the world so what a big treat this was!!

LOL…about the generator!!!

Super fantastic..thanks again!

3. thewallflower said at September 21st, 2008, 2:57 pm: ()

Wow, he was amazing! Wish I was there! lol

4. oh_my_papa said at September 21st, 2008, 4:18 pm: ()

Ditto…Betty Brown…Next event they need Top Knotch band and sound.
    Michael is a Star NOW!! He should get nothing but the best!!
    I did enjoy hearing that wonderful voice of Michael’s regardless.

5. SassyK said at September 21st, 2008, 4:27 pm: ()

Thanks for the fast upload girls! Yes, this was very raw, it was fun! This was a very laid back event, Michael was in fantastic spirits, and it was a treat to see him sing in such an informal manner for a change of pace!

6. betty brown said at September 21st, 2008, 4:40 pm: ()

I’m hoping Michael finds someone to book him some good shows. I think he may have to have someone with a lot of power to do this.

7. Markmywords said at September 21st, 2008, 5:58 pm: ()

Mikey kept his cool thru all this “technical difficulty”… he is a professional and must maintain his likability factor and not lose it. I’m sure he felt somewhat uncomfortable and a bit annoyed since he is accustomed to things working properly. The equipment should have been checked out. He made the best of it and had some fun doing it. Michael your a trooper, way to go… “the show must go on”.

8. bear said at September 21st, 2008, 6:05 pm: ()

Great show MJ!! It’s great to see you perform again…I was going through MJ withdrawal! What a great sport you were through all the generator problems!! Just goes to show everyone what a GREAT guy you are!!! Good on ya!
    Carla

9. Tara said at September 21st, 2008, 6:59 pm: ()

It was an awesome performance, I think he sang WWRY/WATC better than he ever has. He made the best of the generator thing. You are a Star, Michael. Glad we could see your first non-idol performance!

10. Suzie said at September 21st, 2008, 7:01 pm: ()

I loved hearing you sing new songs Michael. Your amazing voice and
    personality shined through it all. The first of many events on your own
    now. I couldn’t be happier or more excited for your future!!!!!!
    Suzie

11. jas said at September 22nd, 2008, 1:56 am: ()

loved the preview even with its technical difficulties… can’t wait for the full-on concert next May!

12. judes said at September 22nd, 2008, 8:17 am: ()

I’ve been to a Large Bruce Springsteen concert on the SCG oval in Sydney & the sound system broke down quite a few times & let me tell you Bruce was not a happy chappy. I think you did so well Michael to keep your cool! I think the band actually did a great job under the circumstances , seeing they only met Michael for a few minutes before going on stage!!This show was a percursor to the larger event in May next year
    The MJO girls that were there said some new fans were made this day & that’s what its all about !!
    Michael has lots happening up to May next year , so I feel he’s doing pretty well.

13. SaraUK said at September 22nd, 2008, 5:57 pm: ()

I thought the band was great. I heard that they were called in that week to support Michael. Michael of course was brilliant, I spoke to one of the band guys and they had nothing to do with the sound outages. The band was very supportive to Michael, and they had a good energy together. Michael seemed to be happy with them, ouch.

14. ladyofthelurk said at September 25th, 2008, 8:47 am: ()

Thank you for sharing this. That is one ‘backyard’ I would have loved to have been sitting in. Michael’s talent and professionalism shine through. Looks like he was having a good time, all relaxed and happy, in spite of the technical problems. I am sure this is not the first time nor the last and he handled it well. Looking forward to hearing more from him. Thank you for keeping me updated. I was afraid I would lose sight of this rising star after the tour…..

15. Susan (mysuse) said at September 25th, 2008, 2:37 pm: ()

I know the band tried their best, but it will be great when he has his own band, backup singers, etc…. but he’ll have to hit the really big time I think before that happens. He was still great and he had such a wonderful time. All you MJO ladies…well, I do hope you realize how lucky you were. It was kind of like having a private audience with the pope, you know! 🙂 ..