Michael at Heart Foundation’s event honoring Berry Gordy

Date June 8, 2008

Last night Michael attended and performed (!) at the Heart Foundation’s honoring of Berry Gordy with the Steven S. Cohen Humanitarian Award, held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.

Michael and his new BFF David Foster.

And he’s featured on Yahoo Entertainment Photos. Notice it says Singer Michael Johns NOT American Idol cast-off, former AI contestant, etc…. Just SINGER. Love it. Link.

Singer Michael Johns performs during a tribute honoring Motown founder Berry Gordy at the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Heart Foundation in Beverly Hills June 7, 2008

Thanks to Blue and Maja for the scoop!

25 Responses to “Michael at Heart Foundation’s event honoring Berry Gordy”

1. molly474 said at June 8th, 2008, 9:24 am: ()

Ha! David Foster is Michael’s new BFF! I love how much recognition Michael is getting from David. Oh, and in the 2nd picture… it feels like Michael is right in front of me!! He’s sooooooo Cute!! thanks to all the ongoing M J news people.

2. jas said at June 8th, 2008, 9:34 am: ()

new bff! lol, nice one!!
    i am so excited about this! they even arrived at the event together! how cool is that?

3. biogeek said at June 8th, 2008, 9:39 am: ()

It looks like David Foster has big plans for Michael. It is so great that Michael has been so busy and has been getting so much exposure!

4. Ajie said at June 8th, 2008, 9:53 am: ()

David Foster better be taking care of our Michael!

5. Lisa said at June 8th, 2008, 10:04 am: ()

How do you guys do this?? Find these wonderful things about Michael? THANK YOU!

6. NolaPCola said at June 8th, 2008, 11:05 am: ()

Thanks, guys! It’s so much fun to check here and see the latest! DF really seems to be treating him well.

7. Markmywords said at June 8th, 2008, 12:29 pm: ()

I feel like we are watching music history in the making. I felt the same way back when I first saw a picture of the Beatles performing in Liverpool. You go MJ build your momentum and take off to the stars!

8. nola_liz said at June 8th, 2008, 1:11 pm: ()

Thrilled to see this. I wish I knew what he sang.
    With any luck we’ll get a bit of video from the
    AMAZING people who find these treasures for us!!
    We LOVE you for getting these updates for us!!

9. Karen decicco said at June 8th, 2008, 3:57 pm: ()

Love,love all the news on michael, keep it coming!!

10. feelingdizzy said at June 8th, 2008, 6:26 pm: ()

thanks for posting this news.. i’m soo happy michael is making lots of appearances with all the big names

11. Marie said at June 8th, 2008, 6:37 pm: ()

I am so happy for him that David Foster is behind him,one of the very top names in the industry. Michael has it all — talent, looks, personality. I predict, as personable as he is and how comfortable he is in front of a microphone, that in addition to becoming a famous singer, he will someday have his own talk show.

BTW, there is a big article about David Cook in this week’s People magazine. They quote Michael at the beginning of the article, and they also quote David Cook saying that he is looking forward to the AI tour and hanging out with “Mike Johns” because he’s so much fun.

12. andre said at June 8th, 2008, 8:56 pm: ()

I love all this news about MJ.

But can somebody tel me what “BFF” means.

And thanks for all the news on MJ

13. Java said at June 8th, 2008, 9:03 pm: ()

BFF = Best Friend Forever. hehe

14. heart2 said at June 8th, 2008, 9:15 pm: ()

Michael looks so dang cute in his suit. YUM!!

15. Titina said at June 8th, 2008, 9:48 pm: ()

Hey, thanks so much for another bit of info.
    All this David Foster related events can only mean that DF is interested in him in some way or another.
    Will MJ get signed with his label, or will he go to 19? Who knows? All I know is that he for sure will get signed.
    Oh man,I hope this is just the beginning of good things to come for Michael, this time the major label deal has to come through. I would hate to see him fail again, I pray for him every night.
    He looks hot in that black suit. Love it.

16. Susan said at June 9th, 2008, 1:23 pm: ()

HE IS WITH DAVID FOSTER… FOLKS, THAT IS DAVID FOSTER!!! THAT IS SUPER GREAT! I have a very happy heart right now. David is behind the biggies guys! Michael is a great talent with a great big heart.

17. Karen said at June 9th, 2008, 11:12 pm: ()

Hey, that is so cool! So he David Foster are BFFs now? Looks like DF is really helping our guy out.

I am expecting some record label news to come out by fall. In the meantime I am looking forward to seeing Michael on the Idol Summer Tour!

18. ealo said at June 10th, 2008, 9:39 am: ()

Michael Johns is so fantastic. He is multi-talented and gorgeous. I was really happy to see him at this event with David Foster since it shows recognition of him as a major talent. Of course I wish all good things for Michael, but selfishly, I am pleased because I might be able to see more of him.

19. GalGor said at June 11th, 2008, 12:18 am: ()

Dear Michael! All your fans are happy for you. We wish you great sucsess!
    Dear Mr. David Foster! Thank you so much for your support our Michael! You’re as a great musician and Michael Johns as a great singer- both of you- can create a lot of new songs, people will know and remember forever.

20. jas said at June 11th, 2008, 8:36 am: ()

it’s not too weird to replay that little snippet of easy a gazillion times is it?

21. jas said at June 11th, 2008, 10:58 am: ()

bringing this over from the idol forums..
    anyone noticed the absence of the wedding ring?

22. molly474 said at June 11th, 2008, 3:45 pm: ()

jas, you’re right… no wedding ring!! Hope everything’s alright with stacy and michael…

23. goldhilites said at June 11th, 2008, 5:02 pm: ()

I hope he got the lyrics right at this performance. I love him, but I’ve watched the Vegas video of Man In Motion a couple of times, and he stuffed up half a line and then corrected himself – the perils of short rehearsals and lots of songs to learn.
    I doubt his and Stacey’s marriage is on the rocks already. There are all sorts of reasons he could have taken his ring off. While we’re on the subject his hands, aren’t they beautiful? I bet he’d got nice feet too – long and narrow like his hands.

24. Silvia said at June 12th, 2008, 2:49 pm: ()

I enjoy reading all the comments and updates about Michael Johns, I have been a fan since day 1. I was sick when he was voted off AI, but I am glad to see him getting around all the shows and important appearances. I am sure he will be the next SUPER ROCK STAR. His style will appeal to all ages.

25. Muggle said at June 16th, 2008, 7:13 pm: ()

Sorry but i did’nt hear any place where he “stuffed” up the lyrics and then corrected himself. I’ve watched that video quite a few times myself. Just did’nt see that.